Susann Herrmann, Dipl. Psych. (MA)
Co-Founder of London Meditation
trained by Jon Kabat-Zinn and Saki Santorelli
The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice. And
because we fail to notice that we fail to notice there is little we can do to change
until we notice how failing to notice shapes our thoughts and deeds.
Mindfulness practice helps us to see more clearly the patterns of the mind and teaches us to stay in the present moment, rather than reliving the past or pre-living the future. You learn in the first place just to be conscious and accept whatever is there. Acceptance means seeing things as they actually are in the present. We cultivate acceptance by taking each moment as it comes and being with it fully, as it is! And by this acceptance you will see that changing happen by itself.
- The idea is to be with whatever we are feeling in any moment
and to accept it as we practise staying
with our breathing, with our body,
with walking, with sitting, with sounds ...
with whatever our teacher is guiding us through.
- It is not for trying to feel a certain way
but for just lettings things unfold.
We let go of all our expectations
and practise being fully awake and aware
of whatever happens, moment to moment.
Although mindfulness has its origins in Buddhism it is also attracting increasing interest among western clinical psychologists and psychiatrists as a non-pharmacological means.
Mindfulness Meditation has been clinically shown to be effective for the management of stress, anxiety and panic, chronic pain, depression, obsessive thinking, strong emotional reactivity, and a wide array of medical and mental health related conditions.
London Meditation’s therapeutic and coaching approaches of mindfulness:
- MBCT – Mindfulness-based Cognitive Therapy (details)
- MBSR – Mindfulness-based Stress Reduction Programme (details)
- IMP – Interpersonal Mindfulness Programme (details)
- MSC – Mindful Self-Compassion Intensive (details)
- MSC – Mindful Self-Compassion Workshop (details)
- MBAC – Mindfulness-based AwarenessCoaching (details)
For general applications:
- Professional Training for Mindfulness-based Application Teachers (details)
If you have any questions please call 020 3137 1358 or send an email.